Buying a new home is incredibly exciting. In fact, the only thing that can top that exhilarating activity is furnishing your new home. This can be a fun experience for most people, however, the process can also be rather stressful. Making decisions about how to decorate your home and where to place furniture can make things challenging. We recommend buying furniture online to get the very best furnishing experience.
Buying your furniture through 5 Star Furniture will guarantee you a stress-free process. On top of that, your furniture will be delivered to your home already conveniently assembled. You will not have to worry about collecting your order.
Buy Furniture Online: How to Use Feng Shui in Your Home
Finding the best way to decorate your home can be a confusing process. There are a few ways that you can create a comfortable flow throughout your home. This will also create more floor space and make your home feel more spacious in general.
Feng Shui is commonly used to create a harmonious environment. Follow these few steps to create a peaceful home. The important things that are recommended that people do in their homes include:
- Ensure that your bed and desk are in a command position. This means that certain things in your home should face your doors. These items are the most important things that should be placed in the command position. This is because it is believed that doors are a portal that energy travels through into your home and life.
- The way that your entryway is furnished is significant because this represents how you face the outside world and how the world will see you. This represents the first impression we make on the world. This area should always be tidy and free of clutter.
- Balance your bedroom. This can be done by choosing a calming colour and ensuring that there is enough space on each side of the bed, the one side of the bed should not be against the wall.
- Be mindful of the colours you choose to paint your home. Feng Shui relates to the 5 elements – earth, metal, water, wood and fire. If you are lacking either of these elements the colour that represents that element can be used in your home.
There are also a few important things that are highly recommended not to do when decorating your home, according to Feng Shui, as this may bring bad energy. These things would include:
- An important thing not to do is blocking doors. Doors are seen as very important due to them being portals of energy. When doors are blocked this means that positive energy can not enter your home and you will not be able to access it. Doors also represent people’s voices in the world, meaning that your voice will not be fully heard.
- When moving into a new home, leave behind or get rid of broken items. These may represent or become obstacles that may cause stress. For example, a broken doorbell may prevent you from receiving a positive visit from someone.
- Do not overfill your cupboards. Declutter your cupboards by removing clothes you no longer wear or that you believe you will need one day. This is believed to allow your mind to also let go of other things in your life that may be unnecessary.
- Avoid neglecting objects or areas of your home. Objects and areas in your home that are not being used may represent areas in your life that have become stagnant or ignored. If you are no longer using objects it may be time to get rid of them.
- Do not wait for your windows to start getting too dirty. Windows symbolise the eyes of the people living in the home. If they become too dirty it will be difficult to see the outside world which may lead people to become caught up in their own perceptions.
- Do not hang your artwork too low. In Fang Shui, low hanging art symbolises bringing down your positive energy.
These simple changes in your home may help you create a more mindful environment which will allow you to slow things down and become more aware of your surroundings in the present moment. Buy furniture online to begin incorporating Feng Shui into your home.
Buy Furniture Online: Tips on Decorating Your Lounge
The lounge is an area in your home where you and your guests will often spend the most time. This is why it is important to create a space that is comfortable and inviting. There are many ways that you can achieve this.
Start off by getting inspiration. Design magazines and social media can provide you with a lot of inspiration. You can get ideas for the things you would like to incorporate as well as ideas that you would like to avoid using in your home.
Make notes and save the ideas that you like. Make a list of everything you like about the ideas you saved, this will give you a clear point of reference once you start with the decorating process and this will make it easier for you to add your own touch to the room.
Once you have a clear idea of what you want, start with a layout plan. This will help you visualise where you would like things to be placed from the coffee table to where you want to hang your TV.
This part of the process can be difficult, it may take a few tries to get everything exactly where you would like it and where everything will fit perfectly without making the room feel cramped. It is important that the room flows so that there is enough space for people to move around comfortably.
A general rule that designers often follow is placing larger items such as couches around the perimeter of the room. This helps to prevent creating physical blocks or visual ones. A room that feels cramped and cluttered often creates an uncomfortable environment.
Moreover, choosing a paint colour that you like and that can be incorporated into the lounge can be challenging. Choosing a neutral colour for this area of the home is often recommended, such as grey or beige. However, this will also depend on what your colour preferences are.
Another thing that some people struggle with is whether they should have a carpet in their lounge or not. If you decide to incorporate one this can add a visual break and a pop of texture and colour to the area.
Make sure to choose a carpet that is the right size and colour to make sure it will fit your design ideas perfectly. Buy furniture online through 5 Star Furniture to begin designing your perfect lounge.
Buy Furniture Online: What Are the Benefits?
There are so many reasons why you should buy furniture online. Going into a physical store can feel like a hassle and you may not want to deal with going into a crowded area just to buy some furniture. Here are a few of the top benefits of buying furniture online.
You can buy all your furniture from your home or office during your lunch break. You will not have to walk to multiple stores with a tape measure in your hand to make sure items you like will fit in your home.
All the necessary information you will need can be found on 5 Star Furniture’s website. You will be able to find all the measurement information, colour options that are available, and how much the items you like will cost.
Buying furniture online will also help save you time. You can browse through hundreds of furniture items in a short amount of time and all you will need is a laptop or phone with an internet connection. The items you order will also be delivered to you.
When you buy furniture online you can avoid listening to sales pitches that you are not interested in and you will not have to deal with pushy salespeople. On 5 Star Furniture’s website, you can quickly scroll through all their available sales without speaking to anyone.
You can also take your time deciding which items you would like to buy without having to go back to the store every time you would like to see the items again. All you will need to do is go back to the furniture website.
When you buy furniture online you can also compare different furniture items, it is easier doing this online compared to shopping at multiple physical stores. This is a simpler way to compare the prices of items you are thinking of purchasing.
Furthermore, online furniture stores often have better discounts and deals compared to physical stores. Online stores often do not have as many overhead costs as physical stores, therefore, they are able to offer their customers more discounts and deals.
Lastly, if you decide to return any items you have purchased it is often easier to return them if you have purchased them from an online store. These return policies are often simple and the items will be collected from your home to be returned or exchanged.
Buying Furniture Online vs Buying Furniture in Store
Before you decide if you would like to buy furniture online or in a physical store it is always a good idea to compare both of these options. Some people may prefer to physically see furniture before making the decision to buy them.
Buying furniture online means that you can browse and place your order at any time of the day while if you shop in-store you can only do your shopping during the storefront’s working hours. You can also shop from stores all around the world. In-store shopping limits you to certain locations.
Online shopping allows you to view thousands of items in a short amount of time this can be great because you may find furniture that you never thought of incorporating into your home. You may also find discounts and deals easier compared to shopping in-store.
Additionally, if you browse for furniture in-store you may find items that are way over your budget which can be very disappointing, however, you may be able to find these same items online at lower prices.
When it comes to buying furniture online it is important not to rush. In many cases waiting an extra week may mean that the items you would like to buy have gone on sale. It is always frustrating to find out that items you have purchased have gone on sale a few days later.
Signing up for online furniture stores’ mailing lists will keep you up to date on sales, when new stock has arrived and when they may be offering discounted delivery. You will never miss out on discounts that will help you stay within your budget.